Where To Start with and More
10 months ago aebi Comments Off on Where To Start with and More
If you are looking for ways on how to machine electrically conductive and hard materials without having to spend much, then EDM or Electrical Discharge Machining is what you need. Creating part shapes has never been accurate than what wire EDM can offer. Even when you need to machine hard or challenging materials, EDM is a method you must consider for its cost effectiveness and higher accuracy. If you are not much familiar with EDM, then you are reading the right article. Below are the different benefits it can surely offer you and your machining project.
– Intense processing is required when machining hard materials. This might need tools and a great force or impact to be applied in order to get the desired shape. While the desired shape is achieved, there are some issues to deal with. This is when the impact makes stress which can distort the material during the cutting process. In addition, this can allow the tool to be damaged rapidly. These things make traditional machining very challenging, especially on the delicate parts. However, this is no longer a problem with the EDM. With EDM, machining of brittle, fragile, and hard materials won’t create stresses and impacts.
– EDM machine makes use of electrical discharges all over a fine wire. That is why, it can cut intricate and precise shapes very easily, even in materials that are fragile and hard. The wire is capable of creating an endless variety of different shapes. This would mean that holes and contours can be created even without hardening and softening the material through heat.
– Compared to plasma, flame cut, or laser, wire EDM machining is known for its better accuracy. Since there is no force to be imparted on the parts, the EDM can achieve extremely high tolerances for accurate fit and precise dimensions. With this, there is no more additional processing or finishing needed.
– Wire EDM projects are easy to set up and finished with an efficient and experienced machining engineer. This allows you to get the essential parts a lot faster. The EDM can produce high tolerance parts not having to deal with distortion or burrs. With a single step processing, the EDM can produce parts. This allows you to save both your time and money.
– Wire EDM cutting can produce better molds and dies at a low cost. Since EDM machining can efficiently machine any electrically conductive material, regardless of its hardness or fragility, the entire process of machining requires less time. This also follows that EDM gives off less waste. And since the wire EDM easily cut through hardened materials, there is nothing to worry about clean up or heat treatment of some parts after machining. This makes EDM machining more cost efficient than other options available.
So, these are the different benefits of using EDM and why many companies are now investing in such a machine. It is very clear that Wire EDM can offer you efficient, accurate, and quality results. And, the more benefits you will discover in the long run.